Do you ever feel like you’re spending all of your energy trying to keep your ducks all in row? Yet no matter how much you try, everything seems to be changing faster than you can handle?
Today is one of those days where everything seems to be falling apart no matter how hard I try to keep things together. I feel just like my doodle—like I’m trying to keep all of these balls in a row but they keep bouncing around randomly. I don’t have enough hands to keep them in order.
Today’s Journal Excerpt
Sometimes in life, all you can do is your best, and even if you don’t, you relax, forgive, and move on. For me, today’s lessons are:
- I accept I am not fully in control of others or outcomes.
- I examine what I genuinely could have done differently. I learn, and then I let go of everything else.
- As Dr. Margaret Paul, cofounder of InnerBonding, says: Feeling our helplessness over others and over outcomes is really difficult. (Which means what we may feel is anger, frustration or irritation to cover up the hard feeling of helplessness over uncontrollable things.)
- Peace occurs when I accept that the Universe has something better in store more me, instead of believing my plans didn’t work out.
To read my full journal entry, click here.
I sit with the helplessness over controlling the outcome of this situation and hold this feeling gently.
I allow myself to wonder—what outcome is available to me that is even better than I can imagine in this moment? I let go of control and open with curiosity to new possibilities.
- What is happening in your life that you are trying really hard to control or manage?
- Can you relax around this situation, accept your helplessness over the outcome, and allow the best possible thing to occur? (NOTE: It may not feel like the best possible outcome in this moment, and that’s okay!)
Share What’s On Your Mind
Does today’s post bring anything to mind? I’d love to hear your thoughts on today’s topic.
[BOOK RECOMMENDATION]: When Things Fall Apart: Heart Advice for Difficult Times by Pema Chodron
The Entire 30-Day “How Are You?” Doodle Challenge
Sign up to receive the monthly Love Letter.
It’s pure love for your soul!